Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Book Blast! Seduction of a Bluestocking by Scarlett Rains



Seduction of a Bluestocking
(Sisters of the Heart Series, Book Two)
[Kindle Edition]
Scarlett Rains (Author)
 December 25, 2013
 
Book Description
 
Jilted and heart-broken, Miss Rachel Steele leaves home to begin a new life as governess, mind made up never again to succumb to a man’s charm. Then William Seaton, old friend of her employer, disturbs her peace: meddling in matters outside his concern. "Good riddance to bad rubbish," she says when he finally leaves. Soon thereafter, disaster strikes and Rachel accompanies her charge to the estate of her guardian, the Duke of Warwick: who from his letters sounds like a man well in his dotage. Rachel marches in to his study to persuade the doddering old coot to keep her on as governess. Words fail her when she finds that he is not at all old…definitely not doddering, but none other than the irritating, William Seaton!

William Seaton’s life is precisely as he would have it: mistresses all prettily lined up in a row, a cozy chair at Whites molded comfortably to fit his frame: fine port and cheroots a nod away…just perfect! He is anything but charmed to renew Miss Steele’s acquaintance, she is a nuisance he does not want or need, in fact, he’d prefer to hear nothing except farewell from her tightly-pressed lips. Knowing the annoying bluestocking will likely disrupt his well-ordered life, he agrees to retain her for the sake of his ward.

Hence begins a sizzling romantic campaign of Napoleonic proportions which draws the unwelcome attention of a villain from William’s past. Will Rachel and William realize their love for one another before he seeks revenge?

Review
Kim Dalferes on Amazon
Scarlett Rains has created a wonderfully romantic story set in the backdrop of 18th century London. The reader comes to care about the central characters, Rachel and William, as they travel through a decade's worth of survival and sparring. After each sustains life-changing tragedies, fate puts them on a journey that the reader hopes will inevitably bring them together. It's a joy to follow their path to see how they will each eventually trust and love again. The reader will also appreciate the effort Ms. Rains put into her portrayal of the societal limitations placed on women during this time period. This added nuance helps to enrich the story and draw the reader into Rachel's struggles. By the end of the book I found myself wanting to continue to follow the lives of Ms. Rains' characters: a true sign that this is a well-written historical romance novel.

A Personal Message from Scarlett

I am grateful for every instant of my life...good and bad. Each moment was a lesson that moved me in the direction intended for me and made me who I am. I breathe in and say, "Thank you, Lord".  I breathe out and say, "Please, guide and direct me." And, here I am.

I will never forget the day I rang the radiation bell after my last radiation treatment. This inscription was on the card my treatment team gave me:
"Ring this bell, three times well to celebrate this day.
My course is run, my work is done and I'm on my way."
If you have been diagnosed with cancer, may God bless you and give you the courage and strength for your battle. When you reach that point where you can accept the reality of your diagnosis, I say face it, take it in and know that you have the strength and courage to conquer it ...in your way. You may be surprised at how profoundly you will change.

Follow Scarlett Rains, Author:

Facebook |Twitter | Goodreads

Buy her books on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not a SPAM comment! :)