Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

In Conversation With : Roy Huff, Writer ( Writer of the Book series : Everville)

First, I thank Roy for sending me his book, Everville : The First Pillar.
We also would like to wish him good luck with his book series.
Here is our conversation!
Before I start off, we ( Me & My good friend - Fire Drake a.k.a Dhivya who   co-writes the blog with me) would like to congratulate you on the success of your book! Way to go!
Q1. Owen sage and the battle with Them! What/Who is your inspiration for this book?
            The book started out as descriptive paper for an English class. I received a lot of interest in turning the story into a book. Once I decided to write the book, the meat of the story came from various influenced as well as some ideas I had on my own about constructing a conflict between good and evil.
Q2. In the story, it is not explained why Owen in particular got pulled into Everville and why he is particularly entrusted with the task of fighting the evil Them. Do we get to know that in the future books? 
              Yes. This will be explained further, and it also has a lot to do with the plot in upcoming books.
Q3. The Naming of your characters is quite unconventional! "Dante" as we all know was an Italian poet and is not a really common name. And the place “The other In Between "  is virtually a common English phrase and also the evil is called "Them" again a common English word. Any particular reason for such names?
            Again, the names have meanings that are associated with the characters. I don’t want to give too much away about the future books, but if readers pay attention to names, they can get clues about the story and character’s roles in forthcoming the plot.
Q4. Now getting to something about you
5 degrees in liberal arts, history, secondary science education, and Geo science! That's a whole lot of varied interests! How did you manage that!?!
           It was a lot of hard work! A couple of the degrees I worked on concurrently, and I had to do it while working full time. Lots of coffee helped!
Q5. Apart from writing, what are your interests?
            I have so many interests. I love movies, hiking, eating out, travelling, karaoke, chess, good conversation, education, science, philosophy, art, and so much more.
Q6. What kind of books do you read? Who is your Literary Inspiration?

            I’m a classic scifi fantasy kind of person, so all the greats Tolkien, Rowling, C.S. Lewis, as well as classics like Shakespeare, Poe, Longfellow, and others.
Q7. Tell us something about the city you live in - Hawaii. I heard it’s a great place!
            I live in Honolulu, a city of about one million if you include greater Honolulu. The island is very diverse, from a densely population region that resembles Tokyo, to majestic scenic views just a few short miles away. There is great food, views, hiking, swimming, water sports, aviation, as well as the most culturally diverse state in the entire country. There is just about everything for everyone.

Q8. Have you heard of India? We are from India, A country of huge diversity and many book lovers. Any plans of visiting India?! 
            I have heard of India, studied India culture, and eaten a lot of Indian food. I love the curry! I hope to visit and would also love to visit regions in Northern India and the surrounding region. One of my dreams is to climb Mt. Everest. I would like to visit all the major peaks in the Himalayas, travel to Nepal, Tibet, and the surrounding areas.
Q9. What can we expect from the rest of the books in the series?!
            I’m hoping to add more character development and descriptions, more world creation, more races and creatures, and so much more! I envision a film series of 7 or 8. I am writing the story with this in mind. I am hoping to add to the already great epic stories such as LOTR, Narnia, and Harry Potter and have the Everville series stand on its own as that kind epic series. I don’t know if I will achieve this, but that is my goal.

To know more about the book or to get in touch with the writer hit the links below.


Twitter @evervillefans 
Instagram @owensageblog 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not a SPAM comment! :)